By Social Media Coordinator Michaela Mitchell
Companies all over the United States are making moves to eliminate single-use plastic straws from their stores, Starbucks being one of the ringleaders. This latest movement was triggered by an increase in plastic waste and pollution found in the ocean. According to the National Parks Service, Americans use over 500 million straws per day. When you think about it, that’s really alarming! So it’s not that surprising that people are trying to reduce their plastic waste by using a plastic straw alternative.
Here at Reliv® Corporate, we love to use sustainable straws to sip on our tasty shakes. We especially like cute paper straws that come in a variety of colors and are biodegradable and recyclable.
Here are a few sustainable straws that will make your sips guilt-free:
- Paper Straws: These paper straws are a fun, compostable option for you to use. They come in just about every color so they can color-coordinate with your daily Reliv shake!
- Stainless Steel Straws: These trendy straws are being used by every fitness trainer on the Internet, including Fit3™ Head Coach Tina! They are washable and reusable. They even come with a small bottle brush to make cleaning them a breeze.
- Silicone Straws: If stainless steel isn’t for you, these silicone straws are just as easy and fun to use. This pack comes with several different colors so you can change it up or give one to your best friend.
- Glass Straws: Dishwasher safe and reusable, these glass straws are another great plastic straw alternative. Whip out your glass straw at a restaurant and you bet everyone else will be jealous!
- Bamboo Straws: Bamboo straws are all natural, lightweight and reusable. It doesn’t get better than that!
No matter what type of sustainable straw you choose, your Reliv shake will still taste delicious and you can rest assured that incorporating this simple change will be helping the environment. Share what kind of straw alternative you use in the comments below!