By Compliance Coordinator Angela Corbett
Did you know that as an Independent Reliv Distributor you must comply with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Federal Trade Commission and Direct Selling Association regulations when it comes to advertising? So, what does that mean for you as a Distributor? It means that every time you promote your Reliv business—whether it’s on a website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or on a flyer—it needs to be compliant. There are many things you can do to remain in compliance when promoting your business. Here are some basic guidelines on how you can do this:
- Describe the changes in your day-to-day life since starting on Reliv products and launching a Reliv business. Share your lifestyle improvements, such as having more family time or starting a new workout routine.
- Highlight specific positive experiences like running a 5K or going on a Reliv trip!
- Focus on improvements in general health and wellbeing, such as having more energy and feeling more accomplished each day.
- Explain how you achieved success with the products, the business or both!
- Remember, Reliv products provide optimal nutrition and target specific wellness needs for better overall health. Avoid giving the impression that Reliv will treat or cure any disease or medical condition.
- Avoid listing diseases, medical conditions or symptoms. And avoid saying that Reliv has allowed you to avoid or discontinue the use of any prescription drugs or treatments.
- Do not make guarantees about results others will achieve. Keep in mind everyone is different and individual results may vary!
By following these guidelines, you will enhance the Reliv brand image and build trust for your future customers and Distributors. These agencies are here to protect you as a consumer and help provide faith in products and businesses and we know it is not always an easy job. If you are ever in doubt as to what you can and cannot say, we are here to help you! You can always email email@example.com with your questions so you can promote and build your business with confidence.