By Product Marketing Specialist & Fit3 Head Coach Tina Van Horn
The holiday season is busy for everyone, but that’s no excuse to completely abandon your workout plan. Travel and family gatherings may disrupt your usual routine, but if you are willing to be creative, you can sneak in some exercise right in the middle of the holiday festivities.
Check out my favorite moves for maintaining your fitness through the holidays:
- Walk! Walk! Walk! – Go for a walking tour of the Christmas lights. Participate in a Turkey Trot or Jingle Bell Walk/Run. Get some extra steps in while shopping by parking farther away from the store. Invite the family to join you for a stroll after your big holiday meal. Get the kids outside to burn some energy. Tromping through the snow is a great workout. Strap on your fitness tracker and try to hit your step goal every day! Little bursts of activity throughout the day add up to big benefits.
- Pushups – Of course this one will be on the list. Do 5 pushups every time you eat a Christmas cookie. Make the kids do one before they open a gift. If you are watching one of your favorite holiday films, knock out a few every time a bell rings. Make it a game!
- Squats – Pick up your niece or nephew and start squatting! They will be squealing for more while all of the other kids line up to take turns! If the kids are too big, a frozen turkey will do for added resistance. Or you can just look around the house and find something heavy-ish to lift. If you are hitting the road, do some squats whenever you make a pit stop.
- Planks – Start a new tradition on Christmas morning. For example: Whoever can hold a plank the longest gets to open the first gift. Just one minute a day and you’ll be ringing in the New Year with a super strong core.
- Stretch – Sit in the glow of the lights with holiday music playing and spend a few minutes stretching at the end of each day. This is the perfect time to sip on a Reliv shake and focus on what’s really important to you during this season.
- Fit3 Workout Video – Crank up the high-energy holiday tunes and press play on your favorite Fit3 workout! Just make sure you don’t get tangled up in tinsel when you do the kicks and punches.
The most important part of the season is to enjoy it and have fun! Make these moves part of your family activities.
Love & Lunges,