By Art Director Amie Schilson
Shake parties are one of the best ways to share your Reliv® business with the world, and they don’t have to break the bank!
Here are our suggestions to hosting the best Shake Party on a budget:
1. Stay Organized. Ditch the stress and plan! Make lists of the people you’re inviting, what you’re serving, decorations, grocery lists, and Reliv catalogs and forms you’ll need. If you’re organized you can enjoy yourself and focus on connecting with your guests.
2. Shop often, but thoughtfully. You don’t want to run out and buy overpriced items just for one party. Set aside time to go shopping to discover items that inspire themes and events at great prices. Buy when you’re inspired, not scattered. “We’re always looking for fun party and social media items. Something fun is always on sale at the local dollar store,” says Lesli Schmitt, Reliv Senior Graphic Designer and mother of three growing boys.
3. Make fun invitations! Digital invites through Facebook Events or Evite are free and make it easy to track your RSVPs. Customize the graphics to make them memorable and engaging. If you want to do something extra special, consider traditional invitations sent via mail. A pretty envelope with handwriting is impossible to resist. Make sure you have kid activities so it’s not a barrier for moms and dads to come. Give guests enough time to plan, and be sure to send a reminder!
4. Find party partners. Maybe this is another Reliv Distributor, so you can make your event larger and split the cost. Maybe this is a local business, like a spa, salon or a boutique with a great space. Maybe this is a friend who creates jewelry, does massage therapy, personal organizing or reps a makeup line. Diversifying the content present enriches your event and lets you reach new people and new places!
5. Timing is everything. The most budget friendly event is in the late afternoon. No meal is necessary, but everybody will appreciate a special Reliv shake. Happy hour is the most festive and you can serve sparkling lemonade, wine, healthy appetizers like hummus and veggies and have shakes to sample. Brunch is another great option because it’s everybody’s favorite meal and inexpensive. Prepare egg casseroles ahead of time, turn on the coffee maker and focus on serving your favorite Reliv shake.
6. Impress your guests. Welcome guests with a sign and name tags with Reliv blue or teal markers to make networking a breeze. Have products on display and available to purchase at the party. Go to reliv.com/recipes or flickr.com/reliv to choose a delicious shake to serve. Present them in pretty matching glasses (remember the dollar store?) with a garnish (we’re in the mood for a little whipped cream and cinnamon right now) and a paper straw to top it off. Coordinate colored napkins and plates for an extra touch. A bowl of fresh fruit and platter of vegetables reinforces a healthy lifestyle. Try to avoid foam and red plastic cups from frat parties. Another tip is to have nice lighting and background music for good ambiance.
7. Most bang for your budget. We love how budget-friendly balloons, paper straws, color coordinated plates and napkins are. Plus, if you have extras you can use them at your next party!
8. Party favors that mean business. You can download recipe cards from our Flickr album and send them to your local copy shop or an online printer to have them printed. These are a great souvenir for your guests and gives them something to remember how much fun they had! Be sure to include your contact info with a business card or sticker.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to download images from Flickr:
9. Thank your guests! Follow-up is easy with a quick phone call or message to build those personal connections. You can also send out a quick survey with Survey Monkey or Google Forms. For example, ask them, “What did you like best about Reliv?” “What was your favorite part of the event?” “Did you like the product?” “How likely are you to purchase the product after this event?” “How likely are you to share Reliv with someone after this event?”
Never forget this step. Following up with your guests may help them especially if they’re on the fence of becoming a customer or Distributor.
Bonus! Theme Ideas:
Follow Ambassador Kimberly Burns’ lead and go with a Mexican fiesta, Italian night or Hawaiian luau dinner buffet.
Think seasonal: Autumn Harvest, Winter Wonderland, Spring Fling, Summer Social.
Choose a color hue: Reliv blue & silver balloons, blueberry shakes, blue napkins and name tags.
Shake bar: borrow extra blenders and set out your favorite Reliv product with multiple mix-ins and garnishes. Make it a contest by voting on the best creation!
But remember, the most important part of hosting a budget-friendly Shake Party is to have fun!!