By Social Media Coordinator Michaela Mitchell
Summer is in full swing so it’s time to add plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to your grocery list! Shopping seasonally will make your wallet and family happy with new flavors at reasonable prices. Not only are seasonal produce much cheaper due to their availability, but they embody several health benefits.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Innergize!®: You’ll be sipping on Innergize! all summer. Hydrate with this isotonic drink full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids to give you added energy, promote oxygen absorption and boost your immune system. Not to mention the orange and lemon flavor options are perfect for this season!
- Beets: This bright red vegetable is full of Vitamin C, fiber and manganese to help you boost your immune system and gut health.
- Blueberries: Like beets, blueberries are high in fiber and Vitamin C. Their abundance in antioxidants will make you feel great snacking on them all summer long. They also make a delicious addition to your Reliv shake.
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are refreshing and contain potassium and magnesium. Try adding them to your water to keep you fresh and alert throughout the day!
- Green Beans: Fresh green beans are the perfect side to your summer barbeques. They are high in iron and other minerals.
- Peaches: Try grilling this juicy fruit for a healthy dessert! Peaches are providers of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and a great source of fiber.
- Watermelon: It’s hard to not eat watermelon during the summer. This delightful summer snack is full of Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, and electrolytes.
Find your local farmer’s market or make a trip to the grocery store to add these nutritious summer staples to your fridge. What’s your favorite fruit or vegetable to eat during the summer?