By Social Media Coordinator Michaela Bukaty
New Year’s resolutions come with a lot of pressure. You might even avoid making them because you don’t believe that you’ll keep them. Follow these three tips for a successful New Year’s resolution:
- Keep them simple. Don’t tell yourself, “I am going to make $1 million in the first quarter.” Instead say, “I want to increase my profit 20% this quarter.” Make sure you are being realistic with your goals so that you won’t give up if you get discouraged.
- Take them day-by-day. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” Each day is a fresh start, so you can work on your resolutions every day even if you have some bumps along the way.
- Focus on one area of improvement. You can focus on business, social media, fitness, nutrition, etc. However, know that it’s much easier for you to focus on one resolution with all your energy rather than spreading yourself too thin with many and losing motivation.
Now that you have these three tips in mind, come up with your own New Year’s resolutions! Here are some ideas:
- Talk to five new people a day. Perfect your elevator speech and be prepared when you meet someone new.
- If you’re a Distributor teach a new Distributor about ICSAR and walk them through the steps.
- Perfect your Facebook Group or Page.
- Send a thank you note to every new customer you help this year.
- Try a Fit3 workout twice a week.
- Sleep more.
- Cut back on sugar.
- Read one business-related book a month.
- Train for and run in a 5k by the end of the summer.
- Eat more family meals together.
When you’re brainstorming what to do in 2018, remember these tips and ideas to make 2018 your best year yet! What are your New Year’s resolutions?