Tom’s Tips were developed by Reliv Hall of Famer and Presidential Four-Time Platinum Ambassador Tom Pinnock.
1. Know what you want. The first step may seem obvious, but it’s important. Is it a home, a new job, to be debt-free? Maybe it’s to have more free time, money for retirement or college, or to travel the world. Show me a person who desires to better their lives and the lives of others, and I’ll show you a successful Distributor. It’s a joy to be around people who dream big, and then work hard to make their dreams come true.
2. Be a product of the product. Health begins with good food and exercise. Reliv makes the best nutrition in the world, and our greatest chance for a healthy life is to eat less, move more and take Reliv every day. In other words, be a product of the product. You’re a walking, talking billboard, so dazzle everyone with your healthy journey.
3. Make a list. Make a list of everyone you know who wants to make more money, get healthy or stay healthy. Your list is your lifeline and it never stops growing. In the beginning, use your upline Distributors to help you talk to these people. Do it in person when you can, but if you can’t, do it over the phone. When you sponsor someone, help them make a list too, and then start telling those people about Reliv. Reliv Hall of Famer Mindy Jones likes to ask, “Who do you know who wants to triple their income and double their spare time?” That’s pretty much everyone, so put them on your list.
4. Talk to people about Reliv every day. Reliv Chairman & CEO Robert L. Montgomery once told me that if I’d tell five people a day about Reliv, I’d become a millionaire. I did and I did. Maybe you can’t talk to five a day; that’s fine, but make sure you pick a number and stick to it.
5. Talk less and listen more. New Distributors often get hung up on what to say. That’s silly. Talk to people like you’re telling them about a good movie or restaurant, and talk from your heart. I believe that you will sponsor more people in a week by taking an interest in them than you will sponsor in a year by trying to get them interested in you.
6. Connect people to stories. Once you have a person’s interest, expose them to both health and business stories. This can be as simple as getting them on the phone with another Distributor, getting them to a Reliv event or putting them on the Monday Night Call. Remember, you’re in business for yourself, but not by yourself. We all support each other in Reliv, and sharing stories is the most effective way we do that.
7. Use Reliv events. It’s been my experience that we are more powerful as a group than we are by ourselves. That’s why I’ve always embraced Reliv events: Tuesday meetings, Master Affiliate Training Schools, webinars, conference calls and podcasts, in-home presentations and conferences. Distributors who plug new people into these events are on their way to the top.
8. Use Reliv tools. And finally, use Reliv tools to help with these simple steps. Our print materials, online resources and videos are the best in the industry. (I mean, have you seen that “Don’t just live. Reliv.” video?!) They work if you do.
So enjoy the journey, keep it simple, see it big and remember that now more than ever is the time to supersize your Reliv dream.