Music can set a certain mood or serve a specific purpose, including getting the most out of our workouts. When creating a workout playlist, it is important to pay attention to songs that evoke strong emotions, especially songs that increase our heart rate or get us dancing! For me, finding songs that remind me of a certain experience or motivational person in my life can transform my workout. Here are 12 of my favorites:
1. “Shower” by Becky G: The perfect warm-up song to get you singing along. This one reminds me of my significant other, which definitely gets me smiling for my workout!
2. “Call It What You Want” by Foster the People: Foster the People was the first show I ever saw at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado: nestled in the mountains, feeling the music in my chest, watching everyone dance. This song is the perfect pump-up for me because it always takes me back to that moment singing along with my cousin and thousands of others.
3. “Fall Down” (feat. Miley Cyrus) by Will.i.am: My favorite cycling instructor always plays this song during our inclines. Such a perfect beat to run or spin along to!
4. “Live Your Life” (feat. Rihanna) by T.I.: How are you going to live your life? This song has a great beat and inspires me to live my life by being healthy and staying in shape!
5. “Country Girl” by Luke Bryan: Shake it for the birds, shake it for the bees! This song always has me singing along. I remember watching this performance on the CMAs and thinking what good bodies the dancers had – hence my motivation to add this to my perfect workout playlist.
6. “Don’t” by Ed Sheeran: Another awesome concert! Every time I hear this I can almost hear the entire crowd singing along.
7. “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift: Because who doesn’t love Taylor Swift?? A perfect, quick beat to get you working a little bit harder during your workout.
8. “Pop” by ‘N Sync: Hello 4th grade! I can still remember holding the karaoke microphone with my sister and singing this one. (We may or may not have had a corresponding dance.)
9. “Take A Little Ride” by Jason Aldean: I love the rhythm of this song. It’s an energizing addition to any playlist.
10. “The Man” by Aloe Blacc: I can’t say I have any specific memories associated with this song, but I love to turn it up loud and finish strong!
11. Ramble On” by Led Zeppelin: Growing up with two Led Zeppelin fans, this one always reminds me of fun weekends at our lake house. Bonus: it’s the perfect song to slow down a little until the chorus tells me to keep my heart up for just a little bit longer.
12. “Taylor” by Jack Johnson: My favorite Jack Johnson song and a great one to unwind to. This song takes me back to an unforgettable concert with my family and always leaves me smiling.
And don’t forget to get amped up for your workout with healthy energy shot 24K®! It’s the perfect nutritional boost of energy, focus and stress relief to get the most out of your moving.
What’s your perfect workout playlist? Share some of your motivational music in the comments section below.