Robert Laird is a Reliv Key Director from Garden Grove, California, and one half of the Primordial Penguins musical duo — a Reliv conference favorite. Here he shares his top tips for building your success every day. Access more smart living tips at
Success doesn’t happen tomorrow; it starts today. It is the right combination of dreams, goals and actions that lead to incredible rewards. It is also a choice. You can choose to take action right now — this minute — to move yourself down the road toward whatever your vision of success may be.
Here are ten things to do today to achieve success:
1. Get up & get going! The old adage is true: the early bird really does catch the worm. Morning is also a great time to focus on the big picture of where you want to go. Start the day off on the right foot, no matter what side of the bed you wake up on.
2. Plan with purpose. Be proactive and plan your day. Set S.M.A.R.T. (smart, measurable, achievable, realistic, timely) goals for the day and know how they fit into the bigger picture.
3. Act. Take action every day that will further your success. Make every action count and help move you closer to where you want to be.
4. Smile. Research has shown that happy people are more successful. This research also shows that the happiness came first. So, make yourself happy and smile! Not only will you have fun being more successful, you’ll also be making the world a better place.
5. Communicate. Effective communication is important in relationships and it is important in business. Practice effective communication daily and build your network.
6. Grow. Do something today that pushes your comfort levels, making you a better person than you were yesterday. Like training for a marathon, push yourself a little bit harder each day towards your ultimate goal.
7. Celebrate. Focus on the positives and celebrate all the wins throughout the day. Not only does it set your mind up for success, it’s also fun!
8. Set boundaries. Boundaries protect not only you, but they also protect your relationships. Healthy boundaries lead to healthy lives.
9. Evaluate. Keep track of your progress each day and evaluate what works and what doesn’t. Be consistent with what works.
10. Keep going! Success comes to those who don’t give up. Keep moving towards your goal and then it isn’t a matter of if you will reach it, but when.
The choices you make TODAY
determine the life you live TOMORROW.