In Part 2 of our Be Kind to Humankind Week posts, we’re taking a look at some tangible ways that you can be part of the mission of the Reliv Kalogris Foundation and some things you might not have known about the impact the Foundation has around the world.
How Can I Help the Kalogris Founation?
Are you wondering how you can assist the Reliv Kalogris Foundation to Nourish Our World (link) ? By banding together and each person giving what they can. We try and make it easy and convenient for our Donors when they are able to donate by offering the following:
- Become a recurring monthly donor at any amount. You have the option to set up a recurring monthly donation for $1, $10, $40, whatever fits your budget. Big or small, it all adds up and can be life changing for the children in our program.
- Round up your next order in the shopping cart on Reliv.com. Next time you place an order online, how about making it a nice even total? That’s easy!
- Host a Network to Nourish (link) event in your area. These events can be as simple as a bake sale or silent auction. Find something that interests you and your friends and have fun with it!
- Sign up and attend the Annual Rally for the Mission each year at International Conference. This is the Foundation’s only fundraiser where funds are used solely for building projects around the world. The Reliv 25 International Conference was a blast! Check out these highlights from the event’s Rally for the Mission to benefit the Reliv Kalogris Foundation.
Now that you know some fun and easy ways to be part of the movement, here are some interesting facts that you may not have known about the Reliv Kalogris Foundation.
Did You Know?
- Reliv International established the Reliv Kalogris Foundation in 1995 as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization in honor of the late Dr. Theodore “Ted” Kalogris who created the nutritional formula that would become Reliv Classic ®, the company’s original product.
- Rather than simply giving money to a single cause, the Foundation works at a grassroots level, providing its own nutritional products to individuals who have been nominated by Relìv Distributors for assistance.
- Since its founding, the Foundation has distributed more than $34 million of its own nutritional products.
- The Foundation provides full support of more than 270 nutritional programs in nine countries.
- To date, the Foundation nourishes over 42,000 people internationally on a daily basis.
- In 2012, 97% of donations went directly to support program services – well above the 75% criteria established set by the American Institute of Philanthropy.
- Recipients are families right here in the United States in the throes of financial difficulties who need help maintaining good health. In addition, a significant portion of the Foundation’s donations goes to support nutrition stations in impoverished countries.