According to the Mayo Clinic, strength training can help you preserve and enhance your muscle mass at any age. The experts at the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Center assert that strength training offers many benefits:
- Manage weight. Muscles act as the “engine” to burn calories more efficiently. The more toned your muscles, the more calories you burn throughout the day.
- Reduce injuries. Muscle protects joints from injury and increases balance.
- Increase stamina. As you get stronger, you won’t fatigue as easily.
- Improve health. Strength training can reduce symptoms of arthritis, back pain, depression, diabetes and obesity. It can also improve attention in older adults.
To gain the most benefits from weight training, most fitness experts recommend a protein shake after each workout. For decades, fitness buffs have turned to protein powders to increase muscle mass and improve post-workout muscle recovery. Soy protein has gained more attention in recent years for its muscle-building properties.
Athletes are drawn to soy because it is a “complete” protein — meaning it contains all nine amino acids in sufficient quantities to meet the body’s needs. Soy also contains healthy isoflavones — antioxidants that combat cell damage.
Key to Muscle Recovery
Another key cell-protecting component of soy is lunasin — a naturally-occurring peptide. Strenuous exercise induces oxidative stress and inflammation. Over time, this oxidation can cause cell damage throughout the body. Lunasin works to protect cells by reducing the negative effects of oxidative stress and by regulating the body’s inflammatory response. The amazing lunasin peptide can offer long-term cell protection when consumed regularly over time.
A Note From Dr. Carl: ProVantage® Is A Complete Performance Supplement
ProVantage is a unique, patented formula designed to provide optimal performance and recovery for the most active athlete. Whether you’re a cardio fanatic or a devoted bodybuilder, ProVantage has the nutrition you need to perform, endure and recover. Key ingredients include:
- LunaRich®: breakthrough nutritional ingredient that maximizes levels of bioactive lunasin to combat oxidative stress caused by exercise.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs): help reduce body fat and increase muscle mass, improve muscle repair and muscle quickness and provide more energy than carbohydrates.
- Tonalin® (conjugated linoleic acid-CLA): reduces fat and increases muscle tone by helping the body extract more energy from food.
- Creatine: sustains peak performance for longer periods of exercise and reduces muscle recovery time.
- CoQ10 & Grape Seed Extract: promote energy production, combat free radicals and support the immune system.
- L-Carnitine, L-Glutamine & Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate (OKG): combine to optimize muscle function, reduce fatigue, enhance energy production, shorten recovery time and convert fat to energy.
Be sure to pack a blender bottle with a scoop of ProVantage in your gym bag. You can easily shake up everything your body needs for maximum recovery on the go!
To your health,
Vice Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Carl Hastings
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/strength-training/HQ01710/METHOD=print, http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MensHealthQuestions/story?id=7941580#.T_NFEGU9k9Q, http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/supplements/the-5-best-supplements-for-men- http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/creatine-and-muscle-recovery/, http://truestarhealth.com/Notes/3887005.html, http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/conjugated-linoleic-acid-a-good-trans-fat/, http://sports-nutrition-blog.com/coenzyme-q10-for-exercise-performance-2, Dr. Alfredo Galvez, Interview, July 11, 2012
The statements contained in this material have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Reliv products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.