Here at the Reliv HQ, we really enjoy our shakes and 24K healthy energy shots, but that doesn’t mean sending a bunch of empty cans or bottles to the landfill. We usually toss them in our recycling bins. But in celebration of LivGreen Week, we decided to upcycle them instead!
Upcycling is another way to keep unwanted items from going in the trash by giving them a facelift or by repurposing them into something else. So, we let our creativity run wild! Empty Reliv cans were transformed into cute storage containers, bag dispensers and a 24K bottle was turned into a beautiful vase!
Upcycle a 28oz. 24K Bottle into a single Flower Vase
- Step 1. Remove the 24K label from your bottle and thoroughly rinse out the bottle using a soap solution.
- Step 2. Starting at the bottom or top of the bottle (which ever you prefer) place a small dab of hot glue and press on your twine.
- Step 3. Continue wrapping your twine while randomly inserting dabs of hot glue to keep the twine in place. When you are finished, snip the loose end and dab it in the hot glue to keep it from fraying. Insert a real or fake single stem flower and enjoy.
Upcycle Reliv Cans into Pen/Pencil Holders or Plant Pots
- Step 1. Start by using a damp cloth to remove any excess powder in the can. Next remove the label.
- Step 2. Measure the height of the can from just inside the bottom seal to just inside the upper seal. Measure the circumference of the can. Cut a piece of decorative paper to cover the can.
- Step 3. Apply with spray adhesive or a glue stick. Cut two pieces of coordinating ribbon and attach to the can using a hot glue gun or tacky glue.
- Step 4. Cut out a label shape on card stock and write the name of the items going in the can. Attach to the can, and voila, you’re done!
Plastic Bag Dispenser
Plastic grocery bags can be reused for lunch bags, storage and cleaning up after Fido. But they can cause chaos in the kitchen. Do you have piles of plastic grocery bags cluttering your cabinets? Upcycle your Reliv can into a handy plastic bag dispenser! Simply cut a hole in the plastic lid to dispense.
We want to see your up-cycled projects! How have you been re-purposing Reliv cans, boxes and bottles? Send us a photo (s) along with a description by next Friday, May 4th, and you’ll be entered into a drawing to receive a Liv Green reusable tote! E-mail your entries to email@example.com. For more ideas, be sure to stop by our “Reduce, Reuse, Reliv” board on Pinterest!