1. Start the day with a cup of coffee or tea. Either choice is chock-full of nutrients plus antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavonoids and catechins that fight free radical damage.
- Coffee. A growing body of research is confirming the health benefits of coffee, both regular and decaf. Researchers have found daily java can lower your risk of diabetes, irregular heartbeat, Parkinson’s disease, colon cancer, and cavities. It can also boost your mood.
- Tea. Black tea, green tea, even white tea, are all beneficial, although green tea packs the highest level of flavonoids. Studies have shown tea’s ability to lower cancer risks, including gastric, esophageal, ovarian and skin cancers. Tea may also lower stroke risk while reducing blood pressure, lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol.
2. Stretch. It not only feels good, stretching regularly can also help lengthen your muscles and make daily activities easier. It allows you to increase your flexibility and range of motion. That means just bending to tie your shoes is easier! Plus stretching improves blood flow to the muscles and relaxes tense muscles that can come from stress.
3. Laugh it up. Laughter is good for you and for those around you. It truly is contagious! Laughter reduces the levels of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, while the brain boosts production of happy hormones like endorphins. It also causes the body to produce natural pain killers. At the same time, laughter strengthens the immune system to better protect you from the health-ravaging effects of stress. So get chuckling.
4. Choose healthier foods. Good nutrition is one vital component of stress management and may improve mood, stress levels, brain function and energy levels. Plus eating right is proven to help you live longer. The Nurses Health Study showed that women who ate the largest amounts of fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains were 17 percent less likely to die over 18 years than those who ate the smallest amount.
5. Go to bed earlier. Your body needs at least seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Sleep affects your overall health. Without adequate sleep, your immune system weakens, and your body becomes more vulnerable to infection and disease. And sleep regulates your mood, concentration and ability to make decisions.
And don’t forget #6… Two Reliv shakes of powerful nutrition are an ideal addition to each day to give your body the nutritional support you need for optimal health.