It’s 6 p.m. and your family is hungry. Between work, piano lessons and soccer practice, it’s tempting to grab a fatty, fast-food meal. But eating well on a busy schedule is just a matter of planning.Look for recipes and cookbooks designed for quick meals.
- 1. To eliminate preparation time, take advantage of ready-to-eat fruits and vegetables available in most grocery stores.
- 2. Whip together a quick, healthy meal with the following “recipeless,” menu:
- ●First, get in the habit of taking chicken out of the freezer the night before to thaw.
- ●The next evening, marinade the chicken for 20 minutes, then grill or bake it. In a pinch, pick up a whole rotisserie chicken at the grocery store.
- ●While the chicken is cooking, make a salad and slice up fruit. Again, prepackaged salads are fast, easy and still pack nutrition!
- ● Microwave some frozen vegetables with a little seasoning.
- ●Serve a round of skim milk to all and voila — a nutritious dinner is on!
Reliv Slimplicity® Weight Loss Program can be a real waist-saver for busy parents. Before you get home for dinner, take two Accelerator capsules to tame your appetite before your fork hits your plate. A filling Slimplicity shake as a snack before dinner is another way to make sure you slow down and eat healthier portions.