Dining out should be a relaxing, enjoyable experience. You don’t have to miss out even if you’re trying to lose weight. To stay in control when you eat out, take two Slimplicity® Accelerator capsules before you head to the restaurant. They will rein in your appetite and help you feel fuller faster. Then order a healthy meal with your eye on the prize (skinny jeans?).Here are some strategies to eat out without blowing your diet:
- Order a side salad for an appetizer. That way you’re not feasting on bread or being tortured by watching your dinner partner eat an appetizer without you. It will also fill you up before your entrée arrives.
- With any salad you order, ask for dressing to be served on the side. Dip your fork in the dressing, then the lettuce or just use a minimal amount of dressing for taste.
- Start your meal with water. You can add lemon or order an additional low-calorie drink like ice tea, but always include water with your meal.
- Skip the buffet and order off the menu. That puts you in control and reduces temptation. If you must eat at the buffet, start with a salad and eat any main dishes off a smaller salad plate, too.
- Share a main dish with a friend or put half of it in a to-go box before you get started eating.
- Ask for whole wheat bread for sandwiches. Hold the mayo and opt for veggies like tomato and lettuce.
- For side dishes, choose vegetables whenever possible. If it’s a choice between fries and baked potato, choose the baked potato. But eat only half, and skip the fat-laden butter and sour cream. Ask for a lemon wedge and pepper instead.
- Order wisely. Choose steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of foods that are fried or sautéed. Look for main dishes with vegetables. They’ll fill you up and pack in nutrition. Avoid dishes with creamy sauces or gravies.
- Eat dessert if you want to! But choose fruits or just try a few bites of your dinner partner’s dessert.