Staying healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. It can be whittled down to seven simple steps:1. Get moving. Our bodies are designed to move! And even minimal exercise cuts your risk of disease. Push a little harder and you can trim down and tighten up
2. Maintain a healthy weight. You don’t have to be model-thin, but extra weight not only slows you down, it also increases your risk of many diseases. If you’re overweight, even losing just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight will make you look and feel better. That’s just 7-15 pounds for a 150-pound person!
3. Eat well. You know what to do: Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat foods over fried, fat-filled or processed foods.
4. Kick the habit. Smoking can cause serious health problems and is the top cause of preventable death. Find a way to quit. If you fail, try, try again.
5. Safety first. For people under age 45, accidents — not disease — are the leading cause of death. Wear your seatbelt, wear helmets when biking, don’t drink and drive, and install a smoke detector on every floor of your home.
6. Reach out to others. Healthy people are active, involved and enthusiastic about life and the people around them. Join groups, challenge yourself and cherish your friends and loved ones.
7. Relax. Stress contributes to everything from colds, headaches, back pain, allergies, asthma, arthritis, infertility, insomnia, depression and heart disease. Take a walk, breathe deeply, laugh a little more and try not to sweat the small stuff.
The Slimplicity® Weight Loss System can get you on your way to a healthier lifestyle. The Slimplicity Starter Kit — which includes delicious Slimplicity meal replacement shakes, Accelerator capsules, a pedometer, a food and exercise journal, and ongoing support — could be your 8th step to better health!