2. Fast food fun: Yes, we said fast food. Choose the smallest — often kid-size —burger (hold the mayo and bacon) but skip the fries. Many fast-food restaurants now offer apple slices, applesauce or other fruit on the side. Or choose a small garden salad with light dressing.
3. Big kids’ favorite: A protein-rich peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with a glass skim milk and an apple is simple and satisfying.
4. Elvis’s favorite: Peanut butter on a toasted whole-wheat muffin topped with sliced bananas rocks!
5. Turkey trot: Wrap thinly sliced turkey breast around string cheese. Round out with grape tomatoes on the side, sliced fruit and a glass of skim milk.
6. Breakfast for dinner: Top your packet of cooked oatmeal with pecans or walnuts, and banana slices or blueberries. Cereal with fruit and skim milk is a winner, too.
7. Freezer favorite: Keep a stash of low-cal, healthy frozen entrees on hand. The variety will keep your taste buds satisfied.
8. Fruity fun: Cut up (or buy pre-cut) an assortment of fresh fruit and top with yogurt and walnuts.
9. Savvy salad: Top convenient pre-bagged lettuce with canned tuna or chicken, grape tomatoes, shredded low-fat cheese and low-cal Italian dressing.
10. Simple soup: Heat up a can of soup such as tomato, chicken noodle or vegetable soup. A small salad on the side boosts the healthy quotient.
Another option when time is at a premium and cooking sounds unappealing is a Slimplicity® meal replacement shake. At just 90 calories, these delicious strawberry, vanilla or chocolate shakes are a healthy, satisfying choice for any meal. Packed with fiber and metabolism-boosting nutrition, a Slimplicity shake gives you an edge in your weight loss efforts.
In addition, the Slimplicity Starter Kit includes