During childhood, optimal nutrition is critical to proper growth and development. Unfortunately, many children today don’t receive adequate amounts of key vitamins, minerals and micronutrients. Experts have identified the following vitamins and minerals as especially vital for promoting a child’s long-term health:
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for the development of strong bones during childhood. A lack of calcium can lead to brittle bones, making your child more susceptible to bone fractures and breaks as well as osteoporosis later in life.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is important for children because it promotes normal growth, healthy skin, and proper vision.
- B Vitamins: The B vitamins are important in metabolic activity such as energy production. The B vitamins also aid in red blood cell development.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C promotes proper wound healing for all of those childhood cuts and scrapes, as well as increased resistance to infection.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D works hand-in-hand with calcium to increase its absorption. Vitamin D also promotes proper tooth and bone formation.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which works to fight free radical damage and plays a role in building a strong immune system.
- Iron: Iron is essential for blood production and muscle development. Low iron levels can lead to anemia.
A quality balanced vitamin/mineral supplement is a simple way to ensure children of all ages receive the nutrients their bodies need at every stage of growth and development. Among the many choices on the market, Reliv Now® for Kids provides an optimal array of vitamin, minerals, soy protein and micronutrients in a great-tasting shake kids love.